Pears in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- Drain pears, reserving liquid; set pears aside. Place liquid in a small saucepan; add the orange juice concentrate, cinnamon stick and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add pears; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Spoon pears into dessert dishes; drizzle with sauce. Dollop with cream cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with cookies. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pears in Orange Sauce(1)
Sort By :
This was so easy and tasted so much better than plain canned pears. I served these as a side not dessert and didn't add the cream cheese or cookies. But this would be a quick easy dessert too! I would make this sauce again and use other fruits, yummy!