Pears and Cranberries Poached in Wine Recipe
- 6 medium pears, halved and cored
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Creme fraiche or whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side up. Top with cranberries.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine wine, sugar, cranberry juice, butter and lemon peel; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; spoon over pears.
- 3. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender, basting occasionally. Serve with creme fraiche. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 120 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Pears and Cranberries Poached in Wine
"I made it when I have some friends and they all loved it."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.