Pears and Cranberries Poached in Wine Recipe
- 6 medium pears, halved and cored
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Creme fraiche or whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side up. Top with cranberries.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine wine, sugar, cranberry juice, butter and lemon peel; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; spoon over pears.
- 3. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender, basting occasionally. Serve with creme fraiche. Yield: 12 servings.
1 pear half with 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without creme fraiche) equals 120 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Pears and Cranberries Poached in Wine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.