- 6 medium pears
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Creme fraiche or whipped cream
- Peel, core and halve the pears. Place cut side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries. In a small saucepan, combine the wine, sugar, cranberry juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; spoon over pears.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender, basting occasionally. Serve with creme fraiche. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pears and Cranberries Poached in Wine in Country October/November 2010, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pears and Cranberries Poached in Wine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review