Pears a la Creme
This was my brother's and my favorite dessert growing up. My Mom commonly served this dessert after Sunday family dinner. Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Moscato.Taste of Home Cooking School
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, well drained
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown
- sugar, cinnamon and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Gently stir
- in pears; heat through. Spoon one pear half over each scoop of ice
- cream. Yield: 4 servings.