Pearl Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 jar (14 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding corn during the last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pesto, cheese, oil, salt and pepper. Add pasta and corn; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15 servings.
2/3 cup: 299 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Pearl Pasta Salad
"I thought it was good. I had never used this type of pasta before so I was intrigued to try it. The pesto I used had plenty of olive oil so I didn't use the 1/4 cup and I added a bit more salt than the recipe calls for."
"I've made the recipe many times for potlucks and it's always a hit. I've made it with both the Acini de Pepe and with Orzo. I also add a bit of Italian Seasoning to liven up the flavors."
"I liked this salad but my family thought it was just OK. One didn't care for the corn, but I think the others were just not used to the acini de pepe pasta texture and size.I'd recommend making this at least a day ahead of time to let the flavors blend together. It was much better the second day."