“These onions were served at a restaurant I visited in Florida, and the chef’s assistant shared the recipe with me. They make a unique side to many entrees.”—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add brown
- sugar and mustard; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.