- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add brown sugar and mustard; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pearl Onions
"These are delicious! Doubting husband and son munched them down. Tip shown in magazine: when using fresh pearl onions cook in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain & plunge into ice water; pinch the root end and the peel will easily slip off. <--actually works (couldn't find frozen)!"
"An excellent side for ham. My family are not big onion fans, but there was nothing left after dinner!"