Pearl Onion Broccoli Bake Recipe
With its creamy white cheese sauce and buttery crumb topping, this dish is great comfort food. If you’re looking for a mild way to dress up broccoli, this is the recipe. —Charles Keating, Manchester, Maryland
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts
- 4 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 1 in. of water until almost tender; drain. Cook pearl onions in 1 in. of water until almost tender; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until smooth and blended.
- Place broccoli and onions in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce and gently stir to coat. Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs and cheddar cheese over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pearl Onion Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p41
Reviews for Pearl Onion Broccoli Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >