- 4 packages (8 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts
- 4 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 1 in. of water until almost tender; drain. Cook pearl onions in 1 in. of water until almost tender; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until smooth and blended.
- Place broccoli and onions in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce and gently stir to coat. Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs and cheddar cheese over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Pearl Onion Broccoli Bake
Sort By :
"This was a nice side dish served with the stuffed pork tenderloin from the same issue."
"The best ever!!!"
"I adore broccoli casserole, but I didn't care for this at all. The sauce was good when I tasted it before cooking it in the casserole, but the flavors just mixed together and it was rather bland."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! I will definitely make it again."
"I'm not stuck on the onions, but I will try this recipe with broccoli and caulifour and see how that turns out"