When I first saw this chutney's interesting combination of pearl onions and dried cherries, I knew I had to give the recipe a try. It tastes even better than I imagined!
- 1 pound pearl onions
- 2-1/2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel, cut in half and place in a large saucepan. Stir in the cherries, water, sugar, vinegar, salt and cloves.
- Toss pears with lemon juice; stir 2 cups into saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until desired consistency is achieved. Stir in remaining pears; heat through. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Pearl Onion, Cherry & Pear Chutney in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p114
Reviews for Pearl Onion, Cherry & Pear Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review