- 2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine flours, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into pear mixture until blended. Fold in nuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pear Zucchini Bread
"The pears brings out the natural sweetness in the bread. My husband is a diabetic so I am able to use less sugar. A very good recipe."
"I made this to use up some zucchini and pears that I wasn't going to be able to eat up before they went bad. What a great and easy bread! I am actually getting ready to make a double batch right now. The pears and zucchini make it so moist and with the whole wheat flour and other reviewers suggestions it is so healthy and easy to make that you don't feel guilty eating it, even if you are watching what you eat!"
"Very delicious and moist. I made six mini loaves and six muffins instead of two large loaves. I also reduced the brown sugar to 1/2 cup, only used 2 eggs, used white whole wheat flour, 1/2 c. applesauce and 1/2 c. of canola oil. I also used canned pears which I drained well which I am sure that added to the moistness. I will make this again."
"Fantastic Loaf. I reduced both of the sugars by half along with the oil. Then added 1/2 cup of Applesauce. Super yummy! and a little healthier."
"My twelve year old son made this and while we left out the nuts and doubled the zucchini by accident, it was soooooo gooooood! We didn't do a loaf, but instead made muffins. We are making a double batch right now! (well my son is ;) )"
"What a GREAT bread!! This was so moist and flavorful!! I did use a combination of 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white flour. I bought some rye flour and will try that next. I used applesauce in place of the veg oil, and flax seed meal in place of 2 eggs. I was able to reduce the sugar also by 1/4c for both white and brown sugar since the applesauce is sweet. Also added an extra cup of zucchini to use it up. Great! Was gone within a day. I will make again!"