Pretty pear pieces peek out of every slice of this moist bread recommended by Pat Habiger or Spearville, Kansas.
- 2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine flours, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into pear mixture until blended. Fold in nuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pear Zucchini Bread in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p13
Reviews for Pear Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review