Pear Yeast Bread Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the pears and extract; cover and process until pureed. Pour into bread machine pan.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 126 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pear Yeast Bread
"This is my recipe, and yes the amout of yeast is incorrect. I actually submitted the original recipe with 1½ teaspoons of yeast, which is better in my machine. Try it with a sweetened cream cheese spread on it."
"I bet it is 2-1/4 teaspoons"
"I would like to know how much yeast to add....2 1/4 cups of yeast sounds like a lot...are you sure that it's really that much"
"21/4 cups yeast ?"