- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pears and extract; cover and process until pureed. Pour into bread machine pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Pear Yeast Bread
"This is my recipe, and yes the amout of yeast is incorrect. I actually submitted the original recipe with 1½ teaspoons of yeast, which is better in my machine. Try it with a sweetened cream cheese spread on it."
"I bet it is 2-1/4 teaspoons"
"I would like to know how much yeast to add....2 1/4 cups of yeast sounds like a lot...are you sure that it's really that much"
"21/4 cups yeast ?"