"Because I have a busy schedule, I revamped this recipe so I could use my bread machine," writes Maureen DeGarmo of Martinez, California. "I also substituted canned pears, which make preparation even easier. We like it for a weekend breakfast treat."
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pears and extract; cover and process until pureed. Pour into bread machine pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Pear Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p19
Reviews for Pear Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review