Pear Walnut Chicken
Canned pears add a sweet touch to this skillet entree.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pears, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough
- water to measure 3/4 cup. Set pears aside. In a small bowl, combine
- the pear juice mixture, apple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and
- garlic powder; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Add parsley and pear juice mixture. Cover
- and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through, stirring
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth;