Pear Waldorf Pitas with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Here's a guaranteed table-brightener for a shower, luncheon or party. Just stand back and watch these sandwiches vanish. For an eye-catching presentation, I tuck each one into a colorful folded napkin.
- 2 medium ripe pears, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 miniature pita pockets, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pears, celery, grapes and walnuts. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and poppy seeds; mix well. Add to pear mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. To serve, line pita halves with lettuce and add 2 tablespoons pear mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 136 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Pear Waldorf Pitas with Poppy Seed Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC