Pear Waldorf Pitas
Here's a guaranteed table-brightener for a shower, luncheon or party. Just stand back and watch these sandwiches vanish. For an eye-catching presentation, I tuck each one into a colorful folded napkin.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium ripe pears, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 miniature pita pockets, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, celery, grapes and walnuts. In
- another bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and poppy seeds; mix
- well. Add to pear mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or
- To serve, line pita halves with lettuce and add 2 tablespoons pear
- mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pita (calculated without lettuce) equals 136 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.