- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 1 fully cooked ham steak ( 1/2 inch thick and about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Drain pears, reserving the juice; set pears and juice aside. In a large skillet, brown ham steak in oil on both sides; drain. Remove ham from pan and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch, ginger and water until smooth; stir in reserved pear juice. Gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add ham and reserved pears; cook until heated through. Sprinkle with mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Topped Ham Steak in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear-Topped Ham Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review