Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
Sweet pears and rich caramel never tasted better than they do in this pleasing fall cheesecake. The arrangement of sliced pears on top of the dessert is sure to make a stunning impression. —Fay Brown, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, dulce de leche and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Arrange pears over top; sprinkle with ginger.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top of cheesecake appears dull. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 591 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC