Sweet pears and rich caramel never tasted better than they do in this pleasing fall cheesecake. The arrangement of sliced pears on top of the dessert is sure to make a stunning impression. —Fay Brown, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, dulce de leche and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Arrange pears over top; sprinkle with ginger.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top of cheesecake appears dull. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p143
Reviews for Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review