Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
Sweet pears and rich caramel never tasted better than they do in this pleasing fall cheesecake. The arrangement of sliced pears on top of the dessert is sure to make a stunning impression. —Fay Brown, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, dulce de leche and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Arrange pears over top; sprinkle with ginger.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top of cheesecake appears dull. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p143
Reviews for Pear-Topped Caramel Cheesecake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >