Pear Tea Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup dried pears
- 1/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- 1. Place pears in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly; chop pears.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and syrup. Stir in pears and nuts.
- 3. Spread over four slices of toast; top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich into two triangles. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
1 each: 230 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Pear Tea Sandwiches
"The hardest part was finding dried pears. The process was simple. The taste was unique. Many asked for the recipe. You could use pecans instead of walnuts."