- 1 cup dried pears
- 1/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- Place pears in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly; chop pears.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and syrup. Stir in pears and nuts.
- Spread over four slices of toast; top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich into two triangles. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Pear Tea Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2009, p40
Reviews for Pear Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2011
"The hardest part was finding dried pears. The process was simple. The taste was unique. Many asked for the recipe. You could use pecans instead of walnuts."