The gals at your next luncheon will have fun guessing the ingredients in these delightfully different sandwiches. They're an enticing mix of creamy, crunchy and sweet. —Laurie Balcom, Lynden, WA
- 1 cup dried pears
- 1/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- Place pears in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly; chop pears.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and syrup. Stir in pears and nuts.
- Spread over four slices of toast; top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich into two triangles. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Pear Tea Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2009, p40
Reviews for Pear Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review