Pear Tea Sandwiches Recipe
The gals at your next luncheon will have fun guessing the ingredients in these delightfully different sandwiches. They're an enticing mix of creamy, crunchy and sweet. —Laurie Balcom, Lynden, WA
- 1 cup dried pears
- 1/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- Place pears in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly; chop pears.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and syrup. Stir in pears and nuts.
- Spread over four slices of toast; top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich into two triangles. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Pear Tea Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2009, p40
Reviews for Pear Tea Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2011
The hardest part was finding dried pears. The process was simple. The taste was unique. Many asked for the recipe. You could use pecans instead of walnuts.
More Recipe Collections
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Sandwich Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Sandwiches >