Pear Tart Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup of sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in flour and nuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, egg and vanilla; spread over the crust. Arrange pears over cream cheese mixture. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pears.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is set and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Remove sides of pan and slice. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1 slice) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.