- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup of sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in flour and nuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom coated with cooking spray.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, egg and vanilla; spread over the crust. Arrange pears over cream cheese mixture. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is set and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Remove sides of pan and slice. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pear Tart
Sort By :
"A wonderful tart, perfect!"
"I've been looking for a pear tart recipe and this looks like the one!!! How about pistachios ground up in the crust? Any thoughts?"
"Delicious. Just right. I made no changes. I will make it again and again."
"I always bake this in a glass 9-inch pie plate and it always comes out perfect."
"Meant to write before, that I always bake it in a glass 9-inch pie pan and it comes out perfect."