This recipe is perfect for an uncommon dessert that's fresh and fast. These sweet caramel pears overs ice cream are easy, special and delicious. For a different flavor, substitute canned peaches.—Len Harkness, Pacifica, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until butter is melted. Drain
- pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for
- another use). Add pears and reserved juice to saucepan; cook for
- 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm over ice cream.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.