Pear Sundae French Toast Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- Ice cream
- 1. In a skillet, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; cook and stir until sugar dissolved. Add pears; cook until tender.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture to coat each side. Melt remaining butter in a skillet. Fry bread over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top with ice cream and pear mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 444 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Pear Sundae French Toast
"This one was gone in seconds. Family wants it again soon."
"With or without icecream this is soooo good!I make this for dessert with the ice cream, and for breakfast I just use maple syrup. My kids love it!"