Pear Stuffing for Turkey Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups diced peeled ripe pears (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 turkey (10 pounds)
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread crumbs, pears, broth, salt, pepper and sage.
- Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey with stuffing. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 10 servings (8 cups stuffing).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pear Stuffing for Turkey(2)
Sort By :
This was awesome! We will use this as our stuffing recipe every year now. I will make it seperately from the turkey as i like it a little crispier.
This was the first stuffing I made in my home for christmas, and it blew every other stuffing I have ever eaten out of the water! So good!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Sausage Stuffing >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Stuffed Turkey >
- Stuffing Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >