- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add pears and 2 tablespoons brown sugar; cook and stir until pears are tender, 4-6 minutes. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, cranberries and pecans.
- Place half of the bread slices in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with cream cheese mixture, pear mixture and Brie. Top with remaining bread slices. Whisk together next five ingredients and remaining brown sugar. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until top is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Stuffed French Toast with Brie, Cranberries & Pecans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p105
Reviews for Pear-Stuffed French Toast with Brie, Cranberries & Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review