Pear Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Drain pears, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a salad bowl, combine spinach and onions. Top with the pears, grapefruit and bacon.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lime juice, parsley, sugar, salt, lime peel, cayenne and reserved pear juice. Pour over salad; gently toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 162 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat.