WHEN I take a dish to a potluck gathering and everyone asks for the recipe, I know I have a winner. This refreshing salad is good with any entrée, presents itself well and is an interesting combination of flavors.
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Drain pears, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a salad bowl, combine spinach and onions. Top with the pears, grapefruit and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lime juice, parsley, sugar, salt, lime peel, cayenne and reserved pear juice. Pour over salad; gently toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pear Spinach Salad in Reminisce February/March 2008, p48
Reviews forPear Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
"This was a tasty dish. Bright flavors and the lime showed through. We omitted the grapefruit but still thought it had enough moisture."