A touch of sweet white wine and citrus makes this lovely pear sorbet so refreshing. You can use canned pears when fresh ones aren't available. And lime juice is a nice substitute for lemon.— Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 5 small pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour into a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or
- until smooth. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze
- for 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, process again in a food processor for 1-2
- minutes or until smooth. Spoon into dessert dishes. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 198 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.