Pear Sorbet with Raspberry Sauce
I clipped this recipe out of the newspaper several years ago and then modified it to suit my family’s taste. It serves as a casual dessert or it makes a lovely presentation in pretty glass dessert dishes with the raspberry sauce drizzled over it.
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 pounds pears, peeled and halved
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, sugar and 4-1/2
- teaspoons lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20
- minutes or until pears are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process pear mixture for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze for 45 minutes
- or until edges begin to firm; stir.
- Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, process
- again in a blender for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- For sauce, press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds. Stir in
- remaining lemon juice. Serve with sorbet. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup sorbet with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 199 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.