I clipped this recipe out of the newspaper several years ago and then modified it to suit my family’s taste. It serves as a casual dessert or it makes a lovely presentation in pretty glass dessert dishes with the raspberry sauce drizzled over it.
- 2 pounds pears, peeled and halved
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, sugar and 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process pear mixture for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze for 45 minutes or until edges begin to firm; stir.
- Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, process again in a blender for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- For sauce, press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds. Stir in remaining lemon juice. Serve with sorbet. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pear Sorbet with Raspberry Sauce in Reminisce October/November 2008, p51
Reviews for Pear Sorbet with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review