Pear Raspberry Jam
I give this sweet and tangy jam as a Christmas gift. In this part of the country, pears and raspberries are in plentiful supply, but frozen berries work just as well.
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a full
- rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in pectin; return to
- a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles;
- wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 104 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.