Pear Raspberry Crisp Recipe
We grow our own luscious red raspberries and feast on them fresh and freeze them for winter. This recipe combines the berries with fresh pears and a crunchy cereal topping. —Fancheon Resler, Bluffton, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup cranberry almond whole grain cereal, lightly crushed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pears, raspberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal. Sprinkle over fruit.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 282 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC