Pear Praline Pie
This pie is good served warm or at room temperature. We like it with scoops of vanilla ice cream or thick whipped cream on top. It’s great with any meal, or on its own with a cup of coffee or glass of milk as a treat.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel and ginger. Add pears;
- toss gently to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of
- plate. Add pear mixture. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and butter;
- sprinkle over pears.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut a decorative design
- in the center if desired. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute
- edges. (If using whole pastry on top without a decorative design,
- cut slits in pastry.)
- Bake at 400° for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and
- pears are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes
- to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool completely on a wire
- rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.