Pear Praline Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel and ginger. Add pears; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add pear mixture. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and butter; sprinkle over pears.
- 3. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut a decorative design in the center if desired. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. (If using whole pastry on top without a decorative design, cut slits in pastry.)
- 4. Bake at 400° for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pears are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pear Praline Pie
"Oh, my, is this ever good! It's as beautiful and it is delicious. As I cut and pull back the top crust as shown, I make as many points as I want to cut slices when serving, so each slice gets one point of the star burst."