Pear Pork Chops with Rice Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves in extra-light syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set pears aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cloves, cinnamon and reserved syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute, or until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Place pork chops in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Place a pear half over each chop; top with pear syrup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove pork and pears; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with pork, pears and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pear Pork Chops with Rice(2)
Sort By :
I did a little variation. 3 cooking pears,3 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp ea. cinnamon and crushed cloves and about 1/2 cup of water and cooked on stovetop while chops were cooking in oven. No need to thicken, when the chops are done, top with pears and a little of the liquid. Also, I like to brown the chops, then bake covered 375 degree for about 45 min. Served this dish with roasted butternut squash. Yum!
This a little too sweet. I will use only 1/2 c brown sugar next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >