Pear Pizza Wedges Recipe
You won't be able to stop eating this sweet and savory appetizer. The recipe makes just the right amount for a smaller gathering. —Mimi Merta, Dunedin, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Top with pear slices and walnuts.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Combine honey and vinegar; drizzle over pitas. Cut each into four wedges. Yield: 8 appetizers.
2 wedges equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC