Pear Pizza Wedges
You won't be able to stop eating this sweet and savory appetizer. The recipe makes just the right amount for a smaller gathering.
—Mimi Merta, Dunedin, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil;
- sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Top with pear slices and walnuts.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese
- is melted. Combine honey and vinegar; drizzle over pitas. Cut each
- into four wedges. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 wedges equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.