You won't be able to stop eating this sweet and savory appetizer. The recipe makes just the right amount for a smaller gathering. —Mimi Merta, Dunedin, Florida
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Top with pear slices and walnuts.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Combine honey and vinegar; drizzle over pitas. Cut each into four wedges. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Originally published as Pear Pizza Wedges in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pear Pizza Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review