Pear Pistachio Pita Recipe
This recipe makes a fun and deliciously different appetizer of snack! Pears and pistachio nuts are a surprising and satisfying combination. -- Stephanie Marchese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 whole pita breads (6 inches each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. In a bowl, combine the oil and garlic; brush on top of each pita. Arrange oil side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese, pears and pistachios.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Cut into wedges. Yield: 24 appetizers.
1 serving (2 each) equals 162 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC