Pear Pie Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and peel and coriander. Add 1/2 cup sugar; toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, mace and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 387 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pear Pie
"I had some pears I needed to use so I went searching for recipes with pears on the TOH site. This is a refreshing pie that is really easy to make. It reminds me of a pie and crisp all in one."