- of plate. Spoon filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit
- top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut
- slits in pastry. Brush with water; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, honey, ginger and cardamom until
- stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 1/4 cup cardamom cream equals 609 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.