Pear Pie Recipe
With our 12 acres of fruit trees, fruit pies are popular at our house! One of my favorites is this recipe because it showcases pears simply and wonderfully.Jean Lauer, Summerland, British Columbia
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and peel and coriander. Add 1/2 cup sugar; toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, mace and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pear Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p65
Reviews for Pear Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2013
I had some pears I needed to use so I went searching for recipes with pears on the TOH site. This is a refreshing pie that is really easy to make. It reminds me of a pie and crisp all in one.