Pear-Pecan Sausage Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pecan halves
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Arrange pear slices in crust; top with sausage. Sprinkle with pecans. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, thyme and nutmeg. Stir in cheese. Pour over sausage.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Garnish with pecan halves. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 375 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.