“This quiche would be a delightful addition to brunch, especially during the holiday season,” writes Patricia Harmon from Baden, Pennsylvania. “It’s savory from the sausage yet sweet from the sliced pear.”
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pecan halves
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Arrange pear slices in crust; top with sausage. Sprinkle with pecans. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, thyme and nutmeg. Stir in cheese. Pour over sausage.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Garnish with pecan halves. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Pecan Sausage Quiche in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p27
Reviews for Pear-Pecan Sausage Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review