Pear-Pecan Crisp with Lemon Sauce Recipe
"Pear-adise on a plate" is a great way to describe this fruity crisp. A lovely lemon custard sauce tastefully tops the tender pears and crunchy topping.
- 5 cups sliced peeled ripe pears (about 5 medium)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place pears in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with sugar. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel. Serve with warm pear crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Pecan Crisp with Lemon Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p136
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pear-Pecan Crisp with Lemon Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review