Pear Oven Omelet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In an ovenproof 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Add pears. Reduce heat; cook for 5 minutes or until pear are softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; arrange pears evenly in the skillet.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture just until blended.
- 3. Spread over the pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 250 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pear Oven Omelet
"I made it today and it was delicious! The pears were perfect. I would call it more of a souffle than an omelet though. Will definitely make it again!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.