- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In an ovenproof 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Add pears. Reduce heat; cook for 5 minutes or until pear are softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; arrange pears evenly in the skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture just until blended.
- Spread over the pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear Oven Omelet in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p264
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Pear Oven Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 13, 2012
I made it today and it was delicious! The pears were perfect. I would call it more of a souffle than an omelet though. Will definitely make it again!