Pear-Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding Recipe
No on will be able to refuse this sweet and tasty variation of oatmeal. Have plenty prepared...they may ask for seconds!
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Half-and-half cream or additional milk
- 1. Drain pears, reserving 1 cup syrup in a saucepan. Set pears aside. To the syrup, add the milk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon; heat until simmering. Chop all but two pear halves; stir into syrup mixture. Add oats and raisins. Heat until bubbly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; stir. Slice remaining pear halves; arrange over top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 10-15 minutes longer. Serve hot with cream or milk. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 278 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Pear-Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC